When it comes to brain activity and performance, we have all experienced some level of burn out in our undertaking of different tasks during our day to day activities. The good news is, there are a lot of ways to boost our brain performance and increase the longevity of our concentration and focus. It is not a surprising thing in think tanks to find bottles of vitamin or mineral supplements in the litter bins.
Supplements contain the main and important vitamins and minerals that support optimal brain performance. From improved memory and enhanced focus and concentration, the choice of the improve concentration supplement you use should be informed and knowledgeable. Some supplements can be obtained naturally from foods and eating a regular balanced diet, which is the most effective way as it has long term results in our general health.
Here are some of the most effective and common supplements to increase concentration.
- Fish: Fish is a portion of natural brain food. This is because fish is rich in essential fatty acids (Omega 1,2 and 3) which are very beneficial to the brain.
- Vitamin B12: This vitamin is involved in brain and nerve cell regeneration. When brain cells are effectively regenerated, then brain performance is always optimal if accompanied by healthy habits.
Well, regenerated brain cells mean healthy cells which are bound to have a positive effect on brain activity and concentration. In general, all B vitamins are important for brain functions.
- Choline: Choline is usually found in the liver and is involved in the breakdown of various enzymes.
This same chemical breaks down another enzyme in the brain which is involved in the firing of neurons. Choline can be found in fish and animal life in plenty. Brain activity occurs through the firing of electrical pulses in the brain through the nerve cells. Hence, with well-firing neurons, brain activity is optimal.
- Caffeine: The most common stimulant has been used for centuries to improve alertness and focus. Caffeine is a major ingredient in most energy drinks and nootropic supplements too. Caffeine can be found almost everywhere, in tea, coffee, various chocolate, etc. So taking caffeine tablets themselves is not required unless medically advised.
- Fruits: Although usually looked over, fruits contain the most important minerals and vitamins for optimal brain activity. For instance, bananas contain potassium and magnesium which are the active ions transferred between the synapses for the nerve to nerve communication, avocados are also rich in calories (non-saturated) which are beneficial for the health of the brain.
Brain health is really important and should be regarded as a priority when the topic of health comes up. As much as supplementing is good, it is also important to regulate and to use the recommended doses or intake. Using more than the recommended dose is detrimental to the brain and general health.